top of page

College Roller Hockey

Did you know that there is College Roller Hockey. National Collegiate Roller Hockey Association (NCRHA) was created in 1994 and has grown to over 175 teams across the United States.

Several schools offer scholarships to their Roller Hockey athletes. How to get recruited? Two simple ways, play with Iowa's very own Des Moines Xplosion club at TORHS Nationals in Florida. There are Collegiate and Professional Roller Hockey programs watching the 18&Under, 16&Under, and sometimes the 14&Under divisions looking for future players. Another way is by attending the College Prospect Camp powered by Farm Tough Hockey. The camp is open to all high school hockey players and is located at Concordia University in Milwaukee each June.

Some notable Xplosion players who have taken their skills onto the next level include Landon Kooker (Pama Pro - Marsblade R1, NCRHA D1 - Lindenwood Lions), Grant Burback (PIHA Semi-Pro - Leaf Ray Hockey), Carson Elrod (PIHA Semi-Pro - Leaf Ray Hockey), & Anthony Meeink (NCRHA D1 - Bethel Wildcats).

If you have any questions about how you or your player can continue their hockey path, contact Rob Kooker at

bottom of page